Summer is here but despite the sunny invitation of lazy afternoons, beach and sun baths and friend re-connections, looks like I’m going to have a summer, not in the city, but in the cities. The song that is echoing in my brain (Summer In The City by The Lovin’ Spoonful) brings the promise that despite the heat it’ll be alright. I can live with that for now but check on me by the end of the month! My summer will be a good mix of long hours over the computer, conferences, travel, fieldwork and whatever time left I have is going straight to family time. Yes, before the summer ends I would have talked in 6 different events, travelled two continents and done a little bit more of fieldwork.
Bellow, I’ve broken down this information and presented it by date of the event. All extra information for each event can already be seen at this website Agenda |Conferences&Lectures
- July 6 – Portugal, Lisbon |International Congress
- Preservation of the Historical and Artistic Heritage of the Archdiocese of Goa: from plan to implementation at the INTERNATIONAL CONGRESS: Preserving transcultural heritage: your way or my way? Questions on Authenticity, identity and patrimonial proceedings in the safeguarding of architectural heritage created in the meeting of cultures.
- July 14 – Portugal, Lisbon |International Conference
- Italy in Goa: the role of the Theatines and the shaping of the art forms at the Oceans and Shores – Heritage, People and Environments, III CHAM International conference
- July 30 – India, Ahmedabad |International Conference
- Preservation of the transcultural Historical and Artistic Heritage of India at the International Conference on Heritage Management Education and Practice: Exploring Connections across Disciplines and Stakeholders
- August 1/2 – India, Ahmedabad |International Symposium
- Application of Hoi An Protocols to PHAHA Project at the International Symposium History and Conservation, As if People Matter
- October (date to confirm) – Brazil, São Paulo |International Conference
- Assim são os homens perante o problema do Universo. Os símbolos e a arte na obra de D. Propécia Correia-Afonso de Figueiredo (1881-1944) at Congresso Internacional do LIA (Laboratório de Interlocuções com a Ásia) 2017
- October (date to confirm) – Brazil, São Paulo |Talk by Invitation
- (Title to confirm) at Museu de Arte Sacra de São Paulo
And now, back to writing, but I will try to keep this website up-to-date as I go. All off you that can attend the events please do so, they are full of interesting people with very interesting ideas, projects and research data that i’m also looking for to learn.